Seismic Data Management
Absolute offers a full suite of seismic data management solutions. Our experienced technicians understand the full seismic data cycle; whether it is newly acquired, purchased or old historical data. We can provide the manpower to wade through the stacks of tapes, paper and sections either in your office or in ours. Typically taking inventory and indexing is the first step in the seismic data cycle. This step is as important as the archiving work itself. An experienced technician will be able to identify missing data sets. Careful comparison of the data set and accompanying item inventory if provided will assure the success of any Indexing project.
Seismic Data Security
Absolute offers clients seismic data security through disaster recovery copy services. Magnetic tape, documents, work station files and virtually any project data can be stored together as a data set on a wide variety of inexpensive and reliable archive media. Data that was previously stored off-site or in file cabinets and map rooms can now be accessed quickly and efficiently.
Quality control software ensures that data output to tape or disc is checked and any problems are addressed as the data is secured. Recovery techniques can be applied and many problems with existing data due to age or mishandling can be repaired. We can provide the secured data sets with near-on-line access and integrate them with existing data management systems.
Data Transcription Services
Various data formats such as SEG-A, SEG-B, SEG-C, SEG-D, SEG-Y, SEG-2, Summit, and GEOCOR IV can be reproduced on cartridge, optical disk, CD/DVD, and disk pool in a non-proprietary format. Transcription services include:
- 9-track, 8mm, 4mm, 3480, 3490, 3490E, 3590, 3592, DLT, LTO, CD/DVD, USB Hard Drive, Optical WORM, 3 ½ floppy, 5 ¼ floppy.
- Seismic data can be demultiplexed or reformatted during the archive process, reducing further processing requirements.
- SEG-Y headers can be edited adding additional information such as shotpoint and survey coordinates for workstation loading.
Seismic Data Sales Services
The final stop or the beginning of a new cycle depending on your point of view, Seismic Data Sales are an important source of revenue for many E&P companies. We offer a full suite of services for the Seismic Data Brokerage community. Brokers can depend on us for fast turnaround and accurate data sets.
Services provided for the brokerage industry include:
- Data transcription
- Section scanning and striping
- Section creation from SEG-Y
- Scan basic data
- Single copies
- Mapping services
- Paper/Microfiche/Microfilm Services. Documents can be scanned through our document scanning and archival system. Documents are generally scanned to TIFF and PDF formats but may be output to any other graphic formats as needed by the client. All images can be viewed with off-the-shelf software and can be imbedded in database software that supports Object Linking and Embedding (OLE). This system lets us quickly review documents for quality control and to design scanning parameters.
- Wide Image Scanning of monochrome or greyscale maps and sections up to 36´ wide. We can also stripe and edit imaged sections.
- Creating sections and maps from stack or SEGP1 data up to 36´ in width and unlimited in length can be produced.
- B/W Section plotting up to 36″ wide
- Colour maps and sections up to 42″ wide
Technology Driven | Customer Focused | Global Expertise